travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lake Texana Has Water–I’m so Happy!

We arrived at Brackenridge Recreation Complex and RV Park yesterday. . .mid day. . .

and was thrilled to find that Lake Texana actually has water in it. . .so happy!

 

Lake Texana

This is the best view we’ve had since we left Estes Park in June. . .love looking out over the water!

Lake Texana

The water hyacinth, seen here, and the hydrilla. . .

both highly invasive plants in Texas Lakes are everywhere,

so it will be tough fishing from the bank. . .

but we are certainly going to give it a try.

Lake Texana

however. . .swimming is NOT on the agenda,

but I will be on the lookout for an alligator to get a shot at. . . with the Nikon, of course.

 

After my tribulations of not being able to peddle back up the hills

in Columbus, I was thrilled to find a nice, flat bike path here

that meanders it’s way for five miles alongside the lake,

and through the beautiful oak and pecan trees. . .

 

My plan is to be out there on it everyday. . .

and would love to do the entire five miles before we leave here. . .

 

More on that later. . .as the week progresses!

 

Janice

2 comments:

  1. you can do it, I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. . .I've made it up to three miles now. . .ughhhh! LOL. . .

      Delete


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter