travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Happy Birthday Bicycle for ME!

Happy Birthday 2012 Bicycle

I decided for the big double nickel birthday. . .things need to change. . .

and since I don’t plan to stop eating the good stuff. . .

perhaps a bicycle would help. . .

(the only time in my life that I was ever “skinny”

was when I did a bicycle ride every day, while the boys were taking a nap)

Happy Birthday 2012 Bicycle

here’s my sweet hubby putting it together. . .the ones that were available

put together at the store, were already rusty, and dirty. . .and I just wasn’t

willing to pay full price for something that already looked old.

Happy Birthday Bicycle for the big 55

here we go. . .first ride. . .note the helmet people.  On the advice of friends,

but against my will, I bought. . .and will wear, the crazy thing. . .hate it!

Happy Birthday Bicycle for the big 55

returning from my first ride. . .no. . .nothing is wrong. . .

well, nothing is wrong with the bicycle. . .

I, on the other hand. . .am soooo out of shape,

I couldn’t pedal back up the hill. . .

sad, I know. . .but my legs were on FIRE. . .pitiful!

Happy Birthday 2012 Bicycle

here’s Dave attaching  the bracket for the bike carrier to the frame under the front of the truck. . .

 

We would love to put the carrier on the back of the rig. . .

but, we have no bumper. . .and seemingly, no way to add one without

having some welding done. . .this is a viable (cheaper) solution. . .

plus. . .my RV blog friend, Sparky, often talks about driving over to a biking trailhead. . .

so having the bike carrier on the truck will allow us to access those!

Happy Birthday 2012 Bicycle

 

the finished product. . .

 

Sparky, on her Where’s Eldo blog wrote about having had three different bike carriers in

four years. . .and this is the rack they’ve finally decided on as being the best solution. . .

Our neighbors across the street were also using this bike carrier, so we took the advice of both

of them, and went with it. . .and the best part. . .

Camping World had it on special for $55 off the regular price. . .my kind of deal. . .

 

My RV friend Kim sent me a note on FaceBook to say she lost 32 pounds this summer

riding her bike. . .here’s hoping I’ll do the same. . .wish me luck!

 

Janice

 

2 comments:

  1. I have often looked longly at the bikes, wanting one, but knowing full well that the bike would spend more time in the garage than under my butt! But of course I am 10 years older than you! Happy Birthday and enjoy your new ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. . .but age is only a number. . .ha ha. . and if you want a bike you should have one. . .I'll let you know if I still feel that way in ten years. . .LOL!

      Delete


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter