travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Monday, August 31, 2009

Mesa Verde National Park Colorado


There is no escaping it. . .the Postal Service will always be in my blood.

Quarter mile hike down into the canyon to see Spruce Tree House wasn't so bad. . .the quarter mile hike back up was brutal.

resting. . .on the way down. . .lots of resting on the way up.

My favorite overlook. . .Square Tower House. . .

More beautiful pics of Mesa Verde in our Picasa Web Albums
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous place! I have not been there, yet. But, I have heard a lot about it because one of my friends used to work as an interpretive ranger there. I know how hard it can be to go back up the trail. huff, puff, puff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there about 25 years ago with my family. The boys loved it as did Geezerguy and myself. But I do remember thinking those folks had to be nuts when I was puffing and wheezing my way up hill trying to catch up with my kids!!!

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter