travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Monday, August 24, 2009

Cadillac Ranch - Amarillo TX

Cadillac Ranch
Amarillo TX

















The Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo TX, was located right around the corner from our RV Park. . .and was on our way in to town. . .so we felt compelled to stop. . .seeing as how it is listed as art and sculpture. . .


So sorry to tell you, I was not impressed, and found the entire project rather disgusting. . .


























The first time we passed it, I did not realize what it was. . .I just saw this whole group of people walking down this dirt road from a field. . .and thought it was a group of migrant farm workers returning to their vehicles, which were parked out on the frontage road. . .

However, I must also say, if you are in Amarillo, and find yourself near the Cadillac Ranch, you should go and see it for yourself. . .it is located on the west side, and is not marked in any way. . .

It seems to me, that if you are going to contribute to the graffitti, you could at least have the courtesy to take your empty paint cans with you. . .


Litter and trash were strown everywhere. . .I found it very sad. . .

Just one of the many lovely graffitti artists found on site. . .


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter