travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Incredible Luck–I Gotta Share

 

Since yesterday was our last day at Lake Conroe for a few months,

I wanted to make one more pass with the camera. . .I was really trying

to get a shot of a water moccasin that I had spotted at one of the ponds. . .

alas. . .no luck!  but. . .I did get this incredible shot

DSC_8291

of this momma Mallard. . .she’s set her nest up right at the edge of the hot tub. . .

and then. . .the most incredible thing happened.

I had walked around to the “Bass Pond” and sat down at a picnic table. . .

because I could hear birds all in the edge of the brush, I had turned on the camera,

and was scanning with the high power lens to see if I could get a shot of one of them. . .

Lo and behold. . .this is what flew right into my view finder. . .

I just held down the button and started clicking. . .

DSC_8315

DSC_8316

DSC_8317

DSC_8318DSC_8319DSC_8320

I was thrilled. . .

6 comments:

  1. Great Photos! Don't ya just love it when everything comes together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while the planets align in my life. . .LOL. . .it was a great moment!

      Delete
  2. Touchdown!! :) Ok, I'm on my third try to get this comment posted. Do you think you could turn off that ridiculous word verification?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, Judy. . .thanks for letting me know about the word verification. . .I just hate those. . .and I made sure it was turned off on my WordPress site. . .didn't think about it on here. . .I'm gonna go try to fix it right now. . .and yes, it was the perfect touchdown. . .extra points included!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Janice. I didn't want to sound nasty, but I was getting a little frustrated with the word verification. :)

      Delete
    3. No problem at all Judy. . .I appreciate you letting me know. It was a simple fix. . .but no telling how long it would have been before I realized I hadn't turned it off. . .I'm enjoying all the floral updates on your blog. . .and of course always love, love, love the bird pics!

      Delete


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter