travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day Tripping–Colorado State Capitol and the Denver Skyline

My goal is to personally photograph all 50 State Capitol Buildings, so with that in mind we set off for

Downtown Denver this morning. . .oops, we forgot about it being Cinco de Mayo. . .traffic was bad. . .crowds were thick, but we persevered and got this awesome shot of . . .

2012-05-05 2012-05-05 Colorado State Capitol and Denver Skyline (4) 043

Colorado State Capitol

2012-05-05 Colorado State Capitol and Denver Skyline (24)

In addition to wanting a photo of the Capitol. . .I also love city skylines. . .so I researched the

best place to get a good shot of the Denver skyline. . .City Park. . .so that’s where we went.

Standing on the back landing of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, we also got the

beautiful panorama of the Rocky Mountains with the Capitol Dome in the foreground. . .

2012-05-05 2012-05-05 Colorado State Capitol and Denver Skyline (4) 011

My favorite skyline shot. . .

2012-05-05 2012-05-05 Colorado State Capitol and Denver Skyline (4) 032

and a close up. . .there was a MS run at the park today. . .

and as a bonus. . .a few shots for my Birding Life List. . .

Snowy Egret - page 97 - Peterson Field Guide to Birds - Bad hair Day?

this Snowy Egret was having a bad hair day. . .

Double Crested Cormorant - page 93 - Peterson Field Guide to Birds

the Double Crested Cormorant were plentiful. . .on the shore

2012-05-05 Colorado State Capitol and Denver Skyline (3)

in the water. . .

2012-05-05 Colorado State Capitol and Denver Skyline (16)

and nesting.

Black Crowned Night Heron - page 99 - Peterson Field Guide to Birds

gave my Peterson Field Guide a workout researching this one. . .

it’s a Black Crowned Night Heron. . .

2012-05-05 Colorado State Capitol and Denver Skyline (8)

They were also in nesting mode. . .

2012-05-05 Colorado State Capitol and Denver Skyline (7)

and of course. . .Canada Geese. . .I know, I know. . .they are everywhere,

and they are loud and messy. . .but I think they are beautiful. . .

and I want to see how many places I  can get pics of them in. . .

 

It was a great day. . .tomorrow we head to Estes Park to start our newest project. . .

Updates soon from our summer home. . .

2 comments:

  1. State capitol buildings are so impressive and Colorado's is no exception. Love your skyline shot, too! Safe travels to your summer home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the architecture of State Capitol Buildings and Courthouses. . .they've always intrigued me. . .Colorado needs a little more green space around theirs. . .but the building is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter