travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Catching Up

Just wanted to show you a few pictures, and catch you up on where we've been and what we've been doing for the last couple of weeks. . .we wanted to stop by Corpus Christi to see our niece Tiffany, and her boyfriend, Sean. . .had a great visit, and took in the sights. . .the water was beautiful the entire time we were there. . .and I enjoyed every minute. . .
The Puerta del Sol RV Park in Corpus Christi TX was great. . .although it only had gravel pads. . .it was in a wonderful location for fishing or swimming. . .the Battleship USS Lexington was actually within walking distance. . .or I probably should say hiking distance. . .but you could easily get to it from here. . .the Texas State Aquarium was on this same stretch of beach. . .also within hiking distance.
A beautiful drive down the Gulf Coast brought us here. . .to the ferry between Port Aransas and Aransas Pass. . .it was a tiny little ferry. . .and our truck is huge, so they just had us straddle two lanes. . .we saw dolphins for just a brief moment. . .but not long enough to get a picture.


Lake Buchanan was just sad. . .all the boat docks and boat sheds were out of the water. . .we stayed at the small BeachComber RV Park about five miles from Buchanan Dam. . .
Inks Lake State Park at Burnet TX was beautiful. . .we just hiked down to the amphitheatre that was right on the water. . .the park rangers give classes and talks down there.
David in his usual Photography mode. . .almost every picture we have of him, he has a camera in his hand.


1 comment:

  1. That could be me! I have my camera everywhere I go. It is my friend. I click pics all the time.

    It is sad about that lake being so low. I enjoyed Corpus Christi when I was there, way back in 2002.

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter