travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Thursday, June 10, 2010

YELLOWSTONE! YES!

We made it, we made it, we made it. . .I am so excited!
I have been dreaming of seeing Yellowstone since I was in the fourth grade, when my teacher told us about boiling water coming out of the ground. . .

She said it was so hot you could boil an egg, or heat a baby's bottle. . .wow, what a great mental picture she painted. . .and at last. . .forty something years later, I have seen it for myself. . .amazing. . .
so we absolutely played tourist this first day. . .as soon as we had the RV set up, I couldn't wait. . .
I had to get there to see Old Faithful as quickly as possible!
our timing was perfect. . .she put on a show within minutes. . .

Dave. . .proudly displaying his BP logo!
the boiling water flows straight into the Little Firehole River. . .I still hafta research that. . .I'll be interested to see how the water from the geysers affects the composition of the river, and the fishing, of course!

Next up. . .a drive around the Grand Loop.
Yellowstone Traffic Jam!

I'm sure they were heading to greener pastures. . .
It was starting to rain, so we almost bypassed this turnout. . .sure glad we didn't!
I love nature in any form. . .I could see the hand of God everywhere I looked.
still snow on the ground at 8200 feet. . .and more snow predicted. . .even where we are in West Yellowstone. . .at least 50 miles away. . .and 2000 feet lower in elevation. . .YIKES!
and gorgeous Yellowstone Lake. . .elevation 7200. . .141 miles of shoreline. . .400 ft deep. . .ringed by mountains, and steaming caldrons. . .

We can't wait to see more. . .I intend to check out every nook and cranny while we are here for the next three months. . .so check back often for updates.

Of course this is only a few of our pics. . .to see more: http://picasaweb.google.com/JaniceLEvans1015/EvansEscapadesYellowstoneJune2010#

You'll get all of our updates if you submit your email address at the top of this page.

We look forward to your comments, or email us at EvansEscapades@gmail.com



3 comments:

  1. Yellowstone and Grand Teton are our two favorite National Parks. They are full of things to see and places to hike. Don't hurry your sight seeing and enjoy the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we are here for three months, so I am putting the Ranger Talks on our calendar, and we are going to check out everything possible. . .we will definitely make it to the Tetons. . .would love to make it to Glacier, but not sure about that yet!

    We are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several years ago, Brenda and I spent a day and half at Yellowstone and saw everything in fast forward. It would be great to spend a couple of weeks there. Don't miss the waterfalls - it was great. Have fun. There is a steakhouse in Jackson Hole that has a sign in the restuarant - "Of course, we serve vegetarians. What do you think cows are?"

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter