travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Monday, May 26, 2014

Henry Ford Museum –Dearborn Michigan

 

Listed as one of the Top 10 Michigan attractions,

and having been told by friends that it was worth the visit,

and only being an hour’s drive away. . .

Henry Ford Museum - Dearborn MI - Michigan

we didn’t dare miss the Henry Ford Museum. . .

Henry Ford MuseumGreenfield Village

the museum is massive. . .and overwhelming in the sheer number of items. . .

we were there on Friday, before the Memorial Day Weekend began. . .

the docent who checked us in said that the day before,

she had checked in 9000 (yes. . .thousand) visitors into the museum

due to end of the year field trips. . .can you imagine?
Presidential Limousines Collage - Henry Ford Museum

Presidential Limousines. . .the thing I enjoyed most!

Dymaxion Modular Home Prototype - Henry Ford Museum

I also really enjoyed the Dymaxion Home Prototype. . .
I think RV’ers could appreciate this concept. . .

although it never made it to mass market as intended,

the idea was a good one. . .

the Ford Thunderbird

probably my favorite car of all time. . .

when I was in second grade, my teacher drove one. . .

I just thought that was the coolest thing ever. . .

 

Not really being a museum buff,

after about two hours I was really on sensory overload,

so Dave did a lot more exploring on his own. . .

but he didn’t want to take the camera and take pics,

so I give you this link to check out

more fabulous images in the Henry Ford Museum

and then a few more of our favorite things. . .

 

see you next time at the Greenfield Village. . .

‘til then,

Janice and Dave

 

Blog posts other RV’ers have written about the Henry Ford Museum:

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter