travel tales for family and friends. . .

wild horses. . .Theodore Roosevelt NP - North Dakota

Monday, October 21, 2013

Evans Escapades at Ruby Falls and Lookout Mountain

 

As I said before. . .Ruby Falls in Chattanooga TN

was on our radar, because I read about it on our

friends, Margery and Paul’s Blog. . .

 

now. . .had I done my due diligence as I usually do,

and gone back to reread the post, I would have realized

that the falls was at the end of a 1100 feet deep CAVE. . .

 

anyone who’s read our stuff very long,

knows that after Mammoth Cave in Kentucky

I told Dave I was done with caves. . .period. . .

well maybe I will repeat Carlsbad. . .but that’s it. . .

Ruby Falls

soooo. . .here we are to see Ruby Falls. . .hello. . .

I’m pretty much feeling like a dummy. . .

’cause evidently I REALLY was not paying ANY attention. . .

Margery and Paul’s blogpost clearly indicates that it’s IN A CAVE. . .

as do the pages where you buy the tickets. . .

Ruby Falls

but oh no. . .I didn’t register any of that part of the story. . .

Ruby Falls

I just wanted to see the falls. . .and they were glorious!

Ruby Falls

the story our EXCELLENT guide told us is

that they don’t actually know where the falls originate,

although many studies have been done. . .intriguing huh?

Ruby Falls - Janice

it was WELL WORTH IT!   Highly recommend. . .

Ruby Falls

and on the way back out. . .my favorite formation. . .steak and potatoes. . .

 

Now, I highly recommend checking out

Paul and Margery’s story of Ruby Falls

because. . .they used a flash. . .

so their pics are much clearer. . .

I didn’t want Dave to use a flash. . .

‘cause I wanted to have that same sensation

of claustrophobia every time I looked at them,

that I had when I was experiencing it. . .what can I say?

 

and for our last experience in Chattanooga. . .

the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway. . .

Chattanooga - Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 72% gradeChattanooga - Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 72% grade

eh. . .if you’ve never done one before. . .

and just feel the need. . .go ahead. . .

but nothing all that exciting,

other than it being at a 72* grade

which all RV’ers understand is crazy grade status. . .

Chattanooga - Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 72% gradeChattanooga - Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 72% grade

the views from the top weren’t any better, if as good

as the views from the lookout at Ruby Falls. . .

and you could easily drive there yourself if you wanted to see the battlefields. . .

just my opinion you understand. . .

 

but all in all. . .Rock City and Ruby Falls were well worth the adventure!

see you in Atlanta next,

Janice and Dave

 

Ruby Falls – Lookout Mountain Incline Railway – ALBUM

1 comment:

  1. If ya'll are headed to Texas, may I recommend the beautiful Sonaran Caverns just 15 miles or so south of I-10 near the town of Sonora Texas! Privately owned and so delicate! Feels like walking through a geode! Also they have a very nice campground with lots of shade trees and tame deer and several peacocks walking around! They are guided tours of 10-15 people at a time. This unusual cavern is being studied by the University of Texas. It is a warm cave, not too deep, and the tour lasts about 45 miniutes! I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter